The SSE™ 15 is designed for professional permanent installations where cabinets must be flown in order to cover as much area as possible. The SSE™ 15 is designed for arraying on stage, churches auditoriums or theme parks. The horn has a coverage pattern of 90° in the horizontal axis and 40° in the vertical axis. The highs are generated using the highly acclaimed Peavey 14XT™ titanium compression driver.
The Sound Guard™ IV tweeter protection network is built in for driver protection. The low end is produced using the Peavey Scorpion® Pro 1500+ 15″ woofer with 2.5″ (64 mm) voice coil. Connections are made using a four-pin Neutrik® Speakon® or a paralleled two-position terminal block for additional cabinets.
The SSE™ 15 incorporates flying points on the top and bottom for the utilization of the Peavey VersaMount™ 70 mounting bracket. The SSE™ 15 is constructed with a special grade of high density 13 mm Birch plywood and covered with a durable acrylic polyurethane. This finish makes the enclosure presentable in any application. The SSE™ 15 is available in black or off-white finishes. The SSE 15™ is engineered for public address and a wide range of musical applications.
SSE™ 15 – Features
- Two-way sound reinforcement enclosure
- Peavey Scorpion® Pro 1500+ 15″ woofer with 2.5″ (64 mm) voice coil
- Peavey 14XT™ titanium compression driver
- Sound Guard™ IV tweeter protection network
- Mounting point for VersaMount™ 70 bracket
- 13 mm Birch plywood construction
- 500 watts program / 1,000 watts peak power handling
- Frequency response: 74 Hz to 17 kHz
- Sensitivity: 98 dB (1W/1m)
- Designed for permanent install
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Seven flying points (six 3/8″ for suspension and one 1/4″ for angle adjustment)
- Available in two finishes: black or off-white